Tuesday 2 September 2014

"BRIEF" HAIR HISTORY

Before we start, here's a little note: I will of course be fixing up the layout of the blog to make it fancier, just give me a little bit!

Warning: This is a way too long post. It won't happen again anytime soon!

Well hello there humans of earth! Today I have done nothing, nothing at all. I stayed in bed and slept away most of the day and oh was it comfortable! But since my day was mostly a waste of time, I won't be talking about it.. who cares anyways right? I'll be talking about... *drumroll*.... my hair. I know, I know, I said the blog wasn't going to be all about my hair, I'm terribly sorry. But I am a 17 year old girl and I've been overly obsessed with my hair since forever (I haven't even always had hair that looked good?) and I thought you just needed to read more about my hair.. Yes, it's very interesting.

I just think that if I am going to be doing this challenge, for 365 days (!!) you need to get a little hair history! It might not be the most interesting of things to read but my blog will get better, I am only learning as time goes by!
So I've been one of those girls that just can't stick with one colour for too long and so I always tend to change it up regularly. I haven't had my natural hair colour since I was 12 and even before that I used to get highlights. So my natural colour is this sort of standard blonde that, when growing up, almost everyone had.. So I'm a person that never really wanted to look like everyone else, so having the same hair colour as everyone sort of well.. sucked.
So the first picture is my natural hair color sort of a dirty blondish colour. The second picture is the reddish-brown that I got coloured when I was 12. It sort of faded after a while and it went back to a blond.
In the third picture you can see my damaged hair (too much bleaching does that, just a tip). Looking at it now.. after a few years it was more yellow than blonde.. But hey we all have our moments.. and I have worse to come. In the fourth picture it's just the same blonde with pink in it.
Being me I soon got tired of the blonde so in the fifth picture I got it coloured brown once again!
In the sixth picture I got a dark dark brown coloured, so it looked almost black. After that faded I got a brownish blonde that you can see in the seventh picture, and during summer I got an unintentional ombre (eighth picture) but hey it looked pretty good!

I am so sorry for this post, but being a semi-hair blog I sort of though a "hair history" was necessary, but I'm getting bored just doing it! We're almost done, keep it up and I promise my posts will get better with time!

This is one of the stupidest and best things I've done, I chopped of my long gorgeous hair to a short shoulder length and coloured it an awkward red. Which cutting my hair actually made my hair grow out thicker than before so that's the good part as my hair was damaged from all the bleaching (picture nine). Then comes the DUMBEST decision of my life. I coloured it a bright bright red and got a perm... yes... a perm.I'm embarrassed, let's not speak of it again. It turned out very bad and I had my hair in a ponytail almost every day (picture ten). In the eleventh picture I finally remembered the golden rule to hair. It grows back out and colour fades! It started growing longer and I could finally flatiron my hair without it getting all frizzy. So in the twelfth picture, I have a dark brown. Which according to me is one of the colours that has suited me best over the years and I do believe that brown is a better colour on me than my natural blonde (yep it's true). So I got the dark brown for prom to go with my light blue dress and dark blue accessories and I totally rocked it!
In picture number thirteen, we see that the dark brown didn't fade that much, but before starting school after the summer of 2013 we coloured it the same colour again (which I believe was the 4.0 - Dark Brown by Garnier Olia) and a bit in to the school year I decided to randomly bleach my ends and got the flamingo pink by Directions put in and had an awesome dipdye! It didn't last too long and once the pink faded I bleached over the tips and went a bit further up my hair (picture fourteen) to get an intentional ombre, and it looked super good! After about 5 months of having the ombre in I decided that I was (after years of whining and wanting) to get purple hair.. So I had to bleach my whole head.. more than once (oh I cringe when I think of it) and I had the blonde you can see in picture fifteen, before colouring it purple as seen in picture sixteen. The tips of my hair started to turn a really cool blue, so it looked like a purple/blue ombre. I had the purple for over 2 months before deciding I wanted it back to the dark brown (but it didn't really go as planned) and we tried to get the purple out, then when nothing really came out we decided to go ahead with the same dark brown box dye and it turned out green... my worst nightmare. We had to go to the salon and get help and they got a reddish tone over it (because red cancels out green). I was happy and it looked good for a while but then it started going green again and until just last Friday I got a boxdye with red and coloured over it. Because I knew I would never survive the '365 days' challenge with green hair!
And this is me from a few days ago! It's a reddish colour (to get rid of the green) and obviously this colour will fade alot during the next few washes. I might have had more hair colours than this but this is the most important parts.

I can't promise I won't have another post that's this boring, I mean it could happen.. I'm sorry. But not anytime soon and I'm planning posts that I hope you readers will find more interesting than this one. I just felt it necessary.

I am thinking about even making a haul video where I show what I bough over the summer since I spent so much money on clothes while in the U.S.

I'll leave you with that and promise that the next post will NOT be this long. Have a good night and I'll see you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment