Tuesday 9 September 2014

DON'T LET SUMMER FADE AWAY

Does the end of August count as the official end of summer? I can't stand it. I want warm summer nights where the sun doesn't go down! Not cold dark nights. I'm gonna get depressed and still be forced to go out into the cold.

I'm sorry autumn I'm not hating on you, you're very pretty and rain is my favorite weather. But you're just too cold for me. I'm waiting for the leaves to turn red and orange and that one warm day of autumn where everyone is outside, soaking up all the sun.

To try and get a hold of what is left of summer I am currently wearing my favorite summertime nail polish. It is so pretty, I fell in love with it. I spent the summer looking for the perfect one and I came across the colour in a few shops but I just didn't find the correct shade of it. Me and my cousin ended up going shopping the day before I left to go back to Sweden (from the U.S.). We went in to a shop (cannot for the life of me recall what shop) and we scanned through the nail polish section and I ended up with Simply Adorable from Red Carpet.

Oh god isn't it fantastic?!  I think it captures the lightness of summer so wonderfully and the colour is just so so so pretty. 


You can purchase it HERE for about 70kr (9.99$) which I think is a bit pricey for a nail polish, I tend not to go over 50kr, but that's just me. It's a wonderfully beautiful colour so I do think it was worth it. If I do come across a similar one, I'll tell you!
I don't recall the price when I bought it for myself but I imagine it was probably the same.

In my honest opinion I do think it's a good quality nail polish and I am very satisfied but... You have to apply it twice as the first layer looks transparent-ish and your nail is still visible under the polish. Due to this it does crack pretty easily, but go ahead with a base coat and a top coat it will probably work out better.  


I'm not looking forward to the day that I realize the bottle is empty, the horror!

1 comment: